Do you love the Superstar Bra but prefer elastic straps? Well you’re in luck because it’s a super easy alteration.
You will need:
– Superstar Bra paper pattern pieces
– Tape measure or ruler
– Bra strap elastic (this tutorial is based on 12mm/½” but can easily be adjusted to use other widths – the photo shows 15mm ⅝”)
– Fabric and elastic as required for your chosen option (see the supplies page in the main instructions)
1. Take your front paper pattern piece and cut most of the long strap off. (Keep the strap piece – you will use it later.)
2. Carefully trim each side of your remaining front and back strap sections on your paper pattern pieces until they measure 24mm (1″) across. (NOTE: if you are using a different width elastic this section should be your elastic width + 12mm/½”.)
3. Cut your fabric and follow the main Superstar Bra instructions until you have completed step 6.
4. Cut two pieces of strap elastic. Each piece should be 12mm/½” longer than the piece of the strap pattern piece you cut off in the first step of this tutorial. Slide one piece of elastic into each front section and line it up neatly with the open end. Sew the elastic in place using a 6mm (¼”) seam allowance.
5. Turn your bra the right way out. You can now continue with the main instructions from step 9.
Leave a Reply